Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Servers

2 posters

Go down

Our Servers Empty Our Servers

Post by Cpl.Clegg Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:50 pm

Ok here it is the official "our servers" thread where we discuss shit we love/hate about our servers.

Team Fortress 2:
Currently paid for monthly. i accidentally paid another month so we have this through february 21 because i didn't cancel the payments soon enough. I will watch for it this time unless we get any donations through the website. i have added a donation button to the website that goes straight to clanpay for the tf2 server. You will be able to put money directly into our server account that goes towards next months payments. If by the 21st we have no donations i will be moving the server to our dell that sits noisily above me in my office. This means our fantastic pings will be around the 30's - 60's which is not bad really as you all know from our css server. Of course there is the exception *cough knowbody *cough..hehe. The map rotation will stay the same for now if everyone agrees that its cool. I will be keeping the instant respawn because i absolutely hate waiting 15 seconds to rejoin the carnage.

CSS:
This server costs nothing for us to run. I have kept the same map rotation that we have at the lan parties. I will be keeping this server public. Ironhide has the logmein info to get into this server and add maps, change settings etc. This will remain a 12 slot server with a 66 tick rate. I am thinking about doing away with the bots all together. I hate bots and they are stupid in several maps. Since we are playing in our servers weekly i have enjoyed the other people dropping by to kill with us. None of us are logging in to this server just to practice with bots. Of course if you wish to practice with the bots when nobody is on i can create a second server with them and leave that running. that server will be private because i dont want to drive traffic to too many servers at once.

Both Servers:
I am trying to get some mods added to these servers for stat tracking, admin interface, banning and much more. I have been looking into beetles mod and hl stats but im not sure. This is an extremely difficult and time consuming process so if anyone has any suggestions let me know. My time is limited lately because of my new job and home projects so hang in there i will eventually complete this task.

And there you have it folks all the information about our servers that you probably already know. Heres your chance to tell me im crazy and we should change something. If there are things you want to see done differently or you are looking to help out with any of this let me know in this thread. Suspect

Last edited by cevinkey on Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cpl.Clegg
Cpl.Clegg
Admin

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-07-09

http://www.lanof1000corpses.com

Back to top Go down

Our Servers Empty Re: Our Servers

Post by Ironhide Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:53 pm

I would like to keep the bots. I pop in everyonce in a while to play. I do like the idea of having a second (private) cs:s server for practice. If we do this I would like to have the bots on hard, which is what they are now i believe. What does everyone else think.

Also, if anyone has any maps they want to add to the cs:s server either send them to me or give me the map name and the site to get it from and ill get it loaded up.
Ironhide
Ironhide
Admin

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum