Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekly Killin'!!!

5 posters

Go down

Weekly Killin'!!! Empty Weekly Killin'!!!

Post by knowbody Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:44 pm

First, massive props to everyone involved with getting us a hosted server up and running, and special thanks to Rick for taking the initiative to get the ball rolling. Unfortunately I haven't been around to school you bitches (everyone but Monty pale) because of holiday travels. However, I have this idea that we should set aside at least two hours each week to get together and have some serious organized play on a regular basis. I think at least 5v5 each week for two hours is not too much for everyone. Hopefully we will get more peeps than that; hopefully we can play longer, but if we have a regular time that is kind of an off time for most peeps, like sometime Sun-Thurs evening, everyone could plan their schedule around it. Now I'm talking about 2 hours of serious, hardcore, organized game play. No fucking off, no making a sandwich between rounds, all your honeydos done and your shit squared away, no interruptions of any kind, only quality killin'. If you're like me, you probably don't have a lot of time for gaming these days, that's why our weekly meeting should be tight. Anyway, there's my 2.5 cents worth. I look forward to killin' you all online. Twisted Evil

Discuss...and DONATE or we won't have a server to play on. If we ALL do $5-$10/month then it will be covered. $5-10/month for your own personal, hosted server is the best entertainment deal you can get anywhere, PERIOD!
knowbody
knowbody
Admin

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Weekly Killin'!!! Empty Re: Weekly Killin'!!!

Post by Cpl.Clegg Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:02 pm

I seriously want to do this. What a great idea. i think wednesday or thursday evenings would be great. is 8-10p.m. too late or early for anyone? Also we are going to put up a server for counterstrike real soon. we had a serious donation. The server we used to use at our previous company (dell poweredge 2950) is now ours to keep so i will be getting that set up soon for the counterstrike. It will run 24/7. sooooooooo let me know if were playing thursday night cuz im ready.

Last edited by cevinkey on Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cpl.Clegg
Cpl.Clegg
Admin

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-07-09

http://www.lanof1000corpses.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironhide Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:25 pm

DAMN! it's about time somebody came up with a good idea. I am so in!. Thursday are kool with me.
Ironhide
Ironhide
Admin

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by SOULCRUSHER Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:17 pm

Wednesday or Thursday is good, just let me know when it's time to kill. We need more fella's from the LAN to to get on this site out of the 12 or 13 at the LAN it is just the four of us who use it. Come on guys get it together....Kill ya foon foos
SOULCRUSHER
SOULCRUSHER

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by knowbody Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:08 pm

Ok. So that's 4 of us that all line up on Thursday night. Also, 8-10pm seems to be a pretty good time for everyone since we'll be done early enough to still catch some descent Sleep yet start late enough so that everyone can crib, chill and mentally prepare for the trauma of being shot in the head by yours truly. geek

So let's put the call out to everyone we know and try to get a game set for this Thurs. 1/8 @ 8pm. I can reach Contrary Devil and Stinky_V and I'm 90% sure both will play. When we call folks let's ask them to post here if thye're going to play or post a different time if Thurs. @ 8pm sucks. Maybe we should meet online 5-10 min before 8pm just to get our shit straight.

Last item, since I'm woefully unskilled @ source server management can someone tell me if there is some kind of voice comm channel where all players can talk? I have no prob getting us a ventrillo server if need be; they're cheap and I'm familiar with running one from back in the WoW days. Maybe I'm just going overboard here, but I'm totally stoked about weekly killin'! bounce I presume that the game will be TF2 if we can get enough peeps. If not I'm down for whatever. See you hoez on Thurs!! Peace.
knowbody
knowbody
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by knowbody Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:17 pm

cevinkey wrote:Also we are going to put up a server for counterstrike real soon. we had a serious donation. The server we used to use at our previous company (dell poweredge 2950) is now ours to keep so i will be getting that set up soon for the counterstrike. It will run 24/7. sooooooooo let me know if were playing thursday night cuz im ready.

Surprised Surprised Surprised cheers cheers cheers Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy SUPER FREAKIN' AWESOME!

...whorish post count bump... Embarassed
knowbody
knowbody
Admin

Back to top Go down

Weekly Killin'!!! Empty Weekly killin for sure.

Post by contrarydevil Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:22 pm

I am down for all of this CS TF2.

Weekly Killin'!!! Liberate
contrarydevil
contrarydevil

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by knowbody Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:37 pm

WAZZUP KILLAZ! Time for another weekly killin'!! Hopefully this time we can get some quality TF2 going. I know several of us had trouble last time (your truly included) but hopefully everything will be worked out by tomorrow night. I suspect, although I have no proof, that the problem with TF2 had to do with connecting to the steam update server to verify the version. In any case, I've tested connecting to the Lo1kC TF2 server and all seems to be well. Hopefully, everyone who was having problems can test connecting tonight so we don't have another gotcha' tomorrow. Last week sure was a good time and I'm looking forward to tomorrow. It's up to us to get this thing rolling!!
knowbody
knowbody
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SOULCRUSHER Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:06 am

Like always had a freakin good time last killin bitches. Lets do CSS next week, if all agree. Maybe we can go back and fourth each week just to keep it fresh. lol "FRESH" hehe. Anyway lets see what everyone thinks and go from there.........PEACE HOES
SOULCRUSHER
SOULCRUSHER

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironhide Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:18 am

I agree with Soul. Lets do CS:S this week. Going back and fourth is a good idea.

See You Guys in my Crosshairs!!!!!!!
Ironhide
Ironhide
Admin

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Cpl.Clegg Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:42 pm

Mixing it up sounds good to me. I do want to mention to everyone that we only have like 2 weeks left on our TF2 server. when that expires i will be installing it on our poweredge. i am going to leave that one public and make the CSS server private. the rcon password for both will be the same as what i sent you in the email. I encourage everyone to get used to using the rcon commands so you can manage the servers from within your game. Its very helpful to be able to kick people like that jesus dude that was obviously using a speed hack. anyway if the servers start to suck running from my house we may want to discuss paying for the tf2. Anyway see you guys in CSS this week. Twisted Evil
Cpl.Clegg
Cpl.Clegg
Admin

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-07-09

http://www.lanof1000corpses.com

Back to top Go down

Post by knowbody Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:05 pm

HELL YEAH!!! Last Thursday was the best weekly killin yet!! Props to all you dudes for making it happen. I also agree that it's a good idea to rotate CSS and TF2, that way everyone gets to enjoy their favorite. I also agree that we should try running from Rick's server instead of paying for one. Although, I'd be happy to kick down some more funds if it turns out to be lagalicious.

Now when you say you are making the CSS private, do you mean all the time? I know that it can be annoying sometimes playing with peeps from the world, but full servers usually = fun servers. That's just my opinion. If you all want to keep it just our little world I'm totally cool with that also. One thing though, if we do decide to open CSS to the public for weekly killin then my I humbly suggest that we nix the bots and just seed the server like we did last week. Once about 6 peeps get on the server seems to populate pretty fast, on TF2 anyway. Whatever is decided I'll always be down for it.

See U Foos Thurs!! pirat
knowbody
knowbody
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down